The International Microsimulation Association is pleased to announce its 8th World Congress, which will be held on December 1-3, 2021. In light of the health safety recommendations and uncertainty pertaining to international travel, the conference will be online. The objective of the congress is to bring together leading researchers in the field of microsimulation and agent-based modelling to discuss their most recent research.
The submission deadline is November 1, 2021. Authors will be informed of acceptance by November 10, 2021. To submit a paper, please fill the form below.
The congress is open to all areas of microsimulation, including static and dynamic microsimulations, agent-based models, behavioural models, and all applied and methodological contributions related to microsimulation. There will also be a special workshop during the conference, focusing on teaching and training microsimulation.
- Gijs Dekkers (Federal Planning Bureau)
- Tanja Kirn (Univesity of Liechtenstein)
- Cathal O’Donoghue (NUI Galway)
- Matteo Richiardi (CeMPA, University of Essex)
- Bryan Tysinger (University of Southern California)
- Anders Klevmarken (Nationalekonomiska Institutionen Uppsala Universitet, Sweden)
- Vittal Katikireddi (University of Glasgow, UK)
- Nora Lustig (Tulane University, US)
- Gemma Wright (SASPRI, South Africa)
Best paper by young researchers award
The International Microsimulation Association awards a prize of EUR 500 for the best paper authored by author(s) below 35 years of age (excluded). To qualify for the award, all authors must satisfy the age requirement. The winning paper will be published in the IMA 2021 special issue of the International Journal of Microsimulation.
Special issue of the International Journal of Microsimulation
Selected papers presented at the Congress will be published as a special issue of the International Journal of Microsimulation.
To submit a paper, please submit an abstract on the congress website